Friday, April 18, 2008

Infertility

So, I know this blog is a bit on the smorgasbord side, but it just depends on what I feel like writing about. The thing affecting me the most right now is the inability to get pregnant again.
I have two beautiful kids, so what am I complaining about right? What can I say, I feel like we are supposed to have more children in our family.

So, here's my story.
I got pregnant with my first child about six months after I was married. Yes, he was planned, and we were very excited! He was born healthy and strong, still is, and he is one of the most inquisitive children I know. I could write a whole blog on him and call it, I want a humpback whale for a pet!

My second pregnancy lasted for maybe 7 weeks. Then I miscarried. I was heartbroken. I wanted that child to be born so badly.

A year and a half later I became pregnant with my 2nd child. She was born three weeks early, and lived in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) for the first four weeks of her life due to underdeveloped lungs. She is our little cutie pie, and brings a lot of joy to our house...when she isn't whining. :)

My fourth pregnancy happened a little over three years later, and I miscarried at 11 weeks, but the baby only grew to a 6 week size. I felt like it was somewhat easier to deal with than the first time I miscarried, but, it really wasn't. I ended up depressed and having rather violent thoughts that encouraged my doctor to put me on anti-depressants. Thankfully, I only had to be on them for about a month before I found other ways of dealing with my depression.

So, we come to the here and now...am I pregnant this month? Could be...I have a difficult time getting my hopes up too much. I want to...but, I don't know. My temperature has been slightly raised since I ovulated, and my period is supposed to start on Monday, so we'll see. Hopefully I'll have good news next week!!

No comments: